By David Wills
A wonderful photographic compilation showcasing Audrey Hepburn’s iconic profession within the 1950s—the decade that solidified her position as one of many world’s maximum stars in movie and fashion.
Devoted to her such a lot influential decade, Audrey: The 50s brings jointly in a single quantity the attract and style that made Audrey Hepburn the main iconic determine in glossy type historical past. Photographed in the course of the early days of her profession, either at the units of Roman vacation, Sabrina, humorous Face, and different vintage motion pictures, and in type photograph shoots by means of most sensible photographers who cherished and immortalized her, those attractive black-and-white and colour photographs radiate with Audrey’s waifish appeal, airy attractiveness, and easy style.
Renowned writer, curator and photographic preservationist David Wills has conscientiously chosen this choice of 200 museum-quality photographs that catch Audrey in her best as by no means ahead of. Audrey: The 50s monitors this megastar at her brightest, and brings her legacy into ideal focus.
Among the highlights:
- Rare and vintage photos digitally restored from classic photographic prints, unique studio negatives and transparencies.
- Never-before-seen exposure pictures, scene stills and paintings pictures from the units of Roman vacation, Sabrina, humorous Face, Love within the Afternoon, and The Nun’s Story.
- Previously unpublished "posed candids" of Audrey at home.
- Beautifully restored ads, fan journal layouts, overseas movie posters and foyer cards.
- Quotes from photographers, administrators, and costars, together with William Holden, Gregory Peck, Fred Astaire, Billy Wilder, King Vidor, William Wyler, Edith Head, Hubert de Givenchy, Richard Avedon, Cecil Beaton, and Audrey herself.
Read or Download Audrey: The 50s PDF
Similar biographies of actors & actresses books
So much folks take into account Rose Marie because the wisecracking Sally Rogers at the Dick Van Dyke convey, or realize her from her perch within the most sensible center sq. on Hollywood Squares, yet her occupation in exhibit enterprise has spanned virtually seventy years. on the soft age of 3 Rose Marie Mazzetta used to be entered in an novice contest at long island City's Mecca Theatre.
James Cameron (b. 1954) is lauded as the most winning and leading edge filmmakers of the final thirty years. His motion pictures usually holiday documents, either of their sizeable budgets and of their box-office profits. They comprise such hits because the Terminator, extraterrestrial beings, The Abyss, significant, and Avatar. half scientist, half dramatist, Cameron combines those features into artistic and eye-catching motion pictures that frequently push the bounds of lighting tricks to deal with his mind's eye.
He was once born Béla Ferenc Dezso Blasko on October 20, 1882, in Hungary. He joined Budapest’s nationwide Theater in 1913 and later seemed in numerous Hungarian movies lower than the pseudonym Arisztid Olt. After global conflict I, he helped the Communist regime nationalize Hungary’s movie undefined, yet slightly escaped arrest while the govt was once deposed, fleeing to the USA in 1920.
Pola Negri (1897--1987) rose from an impoverished adolescence in Warsaw, Poland, to develop into one in all early Hollywood's maximum stars. After tuberculosis ended her profession as a ballerina in 1912, she grew to become to appearing and labored below mythical administrators Max Reinhardt and Ernst Lubitsch in Germany. Negri preceded Lubitsch to Hollywood, the place she fast grew to become a fan favourite because of her attractiveness, expertise, and diva character.
- Bollywood's Top 20: Superstars of Indian Cinema
- Pete Duel: A Biography, 2d ed.
- A Life of Barbara Stanwyck: Steel-True 1907-1940
- My Double Life: Sexty Yeers of Farquharson Around with Don Harn
- Jennifer Jones: The Life and Films
- Not a Number: Patrick McGoohan – a Life
Additional resources for Audrey: The 50s
Audrey: The 50s by David Wills